When we say “Company”, “we”, “our”, or “us” in this document, we are referring to Bench Software Ltd, company number 13802236.
When we say “Services”, we mean any product created and maintained by Bench Software Ltd. That includes all versions of Teami whether delivered within a web browser, desktop application, mobile application, or another format.
When we say “You” or “your”, we are referring to the people or organisations that own an account with one or more of our products.
We may update these Terms of Service in the future. Whenever we make a significant change to our policies, we will also announce them on our company blog and newsletter.
When you use our Services, now or in the future, you are agreeing to the latest Terms of Service. That's true for any of our existing and future products and all features that we add to our Services over time. There may be times where we do not exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service; in doing so, we are not waiving that right or provision. These terms do contain a limitation of our liability.
If you violate any of the terms, we may terminate your account.
You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. The Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
You are responsible for all information posted and activity that occurs under your account. That includes information posted by others who either: (a) have access to your login credentials; or (b) have their own logins under your account.
You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
Payment, Refunds, and Plan Changes
For paid Services that offer a free trial, we explain the length of trial when you sign up. After the trial period, you need to pay in advance to keep using the Service. If you do not pay, we will freeze your account and it will be inaccessible until you make payment.
We may cancel accounts if they have been inactive for an extended period:
- a. For trial accounts: 60 days after a trial has expired without being upgraded
- b. For frozen accounts: 180 days after being frozen due to billing features
If you are upgrading from a free plan to a paid plan, we will charge your card immediately and your billing cycle starts on the day of upgrade. For other upgrades or downgrades in plan level, the new rate is applied immediately and charges and refunds are calculated on a pro-rata basis.
The tax rate and rules are determined by each jurisdiction and sometimes vary by whether you are using our products for business/commercial or personal purposes.
Within the UK
We collect sales tax for customers based in the UK at the UK standard rate.
Outside the UK
We use a third party tax service to verify B2B or B2C status to automate invoicing at the correct rates.
As a general guideline:
We collect VAT at UK standard rate on any direct-to-consumer sales (B2C).
Most of our applications are business products. If you are a business (B2B), any direct-to-business sales will be outside the scope of UK VAT (0%).
If you believe you're being charged at the incorrect tax rate, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly cancelling your account. You can continue using your account until your paid period expires and your account is automatically cancelled or you can close it early from the “Billings” section.
- All of your content will be inaccessible from the Services immediately upon account cancellation. We cannot recover this information once it has been permanently deleted.
- If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up period, your cancellation will take effect immediately, and you will not be charged again. We will refund pro rata unused time in the last billing cycle.
- Our legal responsibility is to account owners, which means we cannot cancel an account at the request of anyone else.
- We have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of our Services for any reason at any time. Suspension means you and any other users on your account will not be able to access the account or any content in the account. Termination will furthermore result in the deletion of your account or your access to your account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all content in your account. We also reserve the right to refuse the use of the Services to anyone for any reason at any time.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of Company employees or officers will result in immediate account termination.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Sometimes it becomes technically impossible to continue a feature or we redesign a part of our Services because we think it could be better or we decide to close new signups of a product. We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any part of our Services with or without notice.
- Sometimes we change the pricing structure for our products. When we do that, we tend to exempt existing customers from those changes. However, we may choose to change the prices for existing customers. If we do so, we will give at least 30 days notice and will notify you via the email address on record. We may also post a notice about changes on our websites or the affected Services themselves.
Uptime, Security and Privacy
- Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. We provide these Services on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We cannot guarantee 100% uptime of our Service. We do not offer service-level agreements for most of our Services but do take uptime of our applications seriously.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- All content posted on the Services must comply with UK copyright legislation.
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Services. All materials uploaded remain yours.
- We do not pre-screen content, but reserve the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via the Service.
- The names, look, and feel of the Services belong to the Company. You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the visual design elements without express written permission from the Company. You must request permission to use the Company's apps-logo or any Service logos for promotional purposes. We reserve the right to rescind this permission if you violate these Terms of Service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Services, use of the Services, or access to the Services without the express written permission by the Company.
- You must not modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Services or the Company.
Features and Bugs
- We design our Services with care, based on our own experience and the experiences of customers who share their time and feedback. However, there is no such thing as a service that pleases everybody. We make no guarantees that our Services will meet your specific requirements or expectations.
- We also test all of our features extensively before shipping them. As with any software, our Services inevitably have some bugs. We track the bugs reported to us and work through priority ones, especially any related to security or privacy. Not all reported bugs will get fixed and we don't guarantee completely error-free Services.
- We mention liability throughout these Terms but to put it all in one section.
- You expressly understand and agree that the Company shall not be liable, in law or in equity, to you or to any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, lost profits, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, constants or other intangible losses (even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Services; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, constants, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Services; (iii) unauthorised access to or alteration of your transmissions or constants; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to this Terms of Service or the Services, whether as a breach of contract, tort (including negligence whether active or passive), or any other theory of liability.